Intertextual Connections


Walking His Trail

A brother said to me, "Do you know that you have yet to share your thoughts this season about Walk His Trail?"

It's been stirring deep within me, this play and impact of the lives of these men. The spirit of God I see in them really amazes me. I have read about them, I have heard about them, I have even heard people that I respect speaks highly of them!

To finally play a role of a missionary, any missionary for that matter when I have yet to even think of missions, I felt somewhat not worthy for the role because I have never actually 'fully experienced' the cycle. Yet, I knew, that God was and is still trying to teach me on this current faithful journey.

What are actually my thoughts? Honestly, I can't place a finger on it. First, I have been so occupied with the current cycle of working life that I haven't given enough thought about the intensity of the play.

Yet I know, then when I give thought to it, I come to this very passionate thread of plunging myself into the story and at times just dumbfounded by the fact that I'm actually reading a true story and the actual reality that continues to haunt me in a way of prompting uncertain of a true answer.

The uncertainty lies in within me and the truth is the word and faith that God has given me. I struggle, more so, week after week the character and the story becomes more apparent in shaping my life. I believe that God has given us our respective characters for a reason.

He that taketh not up his cross after me, is not worthy of me
He that loveth father or mother more, is not worthy of me
He that findeth his live shall lose, and he that loseth his life for my sake, shall find it

That portion of scripture has been striking the greatest chord in me and I'm somewhat in fear taking the truth to the word. ....loveth father or mother more....is not worthy of me. I wish I had the sure confidence and liberty to speak boldly of it but yet I know, I'm holding back.

My second play, with 10 performances down and Runaway Bride finishing off with 52 performances, still no sign of my parents even the near the premise of any church. I am praying and I'm wondering if they and I have the time to wait anymore...

In me, I know that every step I'm taking now is making a much firmer footprint on the path that I paint for my living existence. Every step is a new mark of trusting and believing. I'm definitely not turning back or reversing anymore. But I think I have yet to press in completely every foot of faith I take. It really takes the will and strength to anchor each step of faith for God. Sometimes, I feel the bigger steps I take for His, the further I am from the most important saving mission for my parents. Selfish? yeah, maybe...but the underlying truth is that my earthly parents are very much of me and I reall yearn to see them come to the Lord.

I cannot imagine sharing life without the Lord that gives us an abundant life.

Walk His Trail for me, has been a step of uncertain markings. As yet, I can't my destination but I can very well change my direction. To walk His trail isn't using our mere human sight, but the faith living in us pushing us to go forth!

The potency of the script is unbelievable. One can never really act it out, one must feel and deliver. I am praying that my life will never be only potent when the stage lights are on. Because God has called us to walk in the light and dark, the world is mostly dark. But we, hold the the key to that light. The word and the power of the cross.

We are the candle. And only He can handle.

0 Responses to “Walking His Trail”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.